Thursday, August 4, 2011

Urban Poverty Law Center Plans Birthday Bash for Jack and Barack

As the titular head of the Urban Poverty Law Center I believe it is time to confess to what I believe is a quirky freakish coincidence.
I will provide the reader with a clue from a series of lines from Beatles songs people of my generation were privy to hear and study.

We looked for the hidden meaning, Paul was dead. Number nine, number nine.

you say it is your birthday
it is my birthday too yeah

black bird singing in the dead of night

Michele my belle
these are words that go together well

Obladee obladah life goes on on, bra
la la how their life goes on

Help, I need somebody
Help, not just anybody
Help, you know I need somebody's
Heelllppp!

Hey Jude,
don't take it bad
take a sad song
and make it better

Hey I am the taxman
Yeah the taxman
and you are working
for no one but me

You say you want a revolution
well you know
but if you want money for people with minds that hate
all I can tell you brother is you'll have to wait

I believe that John Lennon and Paul McCartney were channeling Nostradamus when writing the lyrics to their string of hits.
I will spend the rest of the space explaining how the lines above are pertinent.

The birthday line predicts the birther movement that sprung up after Obama's election and by the way It is my birthday too, Jack Maybolt is 58 today, and ready to put on the prosthetic leg and party.

Blackbird is singing in the dead of night refers to Obama's hidden agenda for this country. Had he been straight forward with voters in 2008, that he planned to ruin health care, raise taxes, keep unemployment high, and play 32,776 holes of golf, and spend 10 trillion dollars of paper money on his friends along with 10 trillion he extracts from the American taxpayer, that republican Troll from the Senate, and that cute former governor of Alaska would be at the controls.

Michele, my belle predicts the first Lady's many trips abroad as a good will ambassador to the world.

Obladee, Obladah references the strife in the Middle East and Obama's peculiar change in American Policy in its waning commitment to the security of Israel, Later in the song McCartney has Desmond putting on his pretty face in a gender switch, cross dressing reference which serves to give me pause to reflect.

"Which is it Mr President , boxers or pink laced frillies?" The world wants to know.

Hey Jude, you in Israel know what this warns of. Listen, Ben, it is all there.

Help is what we all need with this bunch in charge.

Taxman, yeah yeah yeah. Needs no further explanation. Words speak for themselves!

Revolution is too complex to be treated lightly in this thread, but Lennon and McCartney saw it coming. They sang about it and we are living it. "All I can tell you brother is you can count me out.....IN!"

Anyway, Happy birthday Mr. President. Seventeen percent unemployment since you took over from Geo Bush. Businesses afraid to commit capital to a losing venture. Children going hungry, college kids saddled with debts they will never be able to repay without a job. Gold up 100%. We all know you mean well. Hit the links and chase the dimpled white ball.

Did I mention I saw the Beatles when they preformed in Memphis. I was twelve and you were four.

We share a birth date, but we do not share the same vision for America.

Jimmy Carter just hoping he can hang on to this life long enough to hear what he has been waiting for all these years......
that he is no longer the worst president of modern times.

Meanwhile, my guitar gently weeps for this country.

Jackson Delano Maybolt, President Urban Poverty Law Center



"The Beatles made a lot of racket in the sixties and baby sat my teens." Mother Maybolt 1926-2008

No comments:

Post a Comment