Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Urban Poverty Law Notes On Nihilism By A Narcissistic Numbskull

Do you ever wake up in the morning and ask yourself: "What's the point?"

Everyday of my life is just as perfect as the last. I am approaching 60, I can still get up out of bed and most of my joints do not hurt too much, but for years I have groaned when first the feet hit the floor and I began to ambulate quickly towards that first morning piss.

No hesitation there, the flow is as good as it can be after my accidental crocking when I was only 7 and straddled the bar in a fall from the bike rack rail at the elementary school which I used to walk like a tight wire. I found that day my legs about 6 inches short of no injury.

And now you tell me Rodney King has died, 11 yrs my junior, in his swimming pool doing what he loved, using mind altering substances. He is an American Icon. He
did more to change the culture of police brutality in our country than any other person to date, and for this he deserves the Nobel Prize. Of course the camera operator deserves some credit for that footage filmed all those years ago. We are a better society not because of Rodney King, but in spite of Mr. King.

That film of several white police officers beating a submissive black man caused an entire nation to rethink its morality. Man unleashed from moral foundations is a cruel creature. We only have to go back to WW II to see what sort of monsters we are. Terrorism springs from man's nature. Can we deny nature. Can we make the lion lie down with the sheep, will the wolf learn manners if we wish it?

Man is a part of nature as is the wolf and the lion and sheep. Bottom line: life is a competition. Food and shelter are the prizes and reproduction and propagation is the goal.

So what does it all mean? Life is just a game played out on billions of playing fields. The dog kills the rabbit, the rabbit eats the plants, the tick sucks the dog's blood, the chicken eats the tick, the man eats the chicken and the man feeds the dog.

So life is all about dogs. Is it a coincidence that God is dog spelled backwards?

I may train one of my dogs to walk backwards just to see what happens.

Jackson Delano Maybolt, President, Urban Poverty Law Center

No comments:

Post a Comment