Saturday, March 19, 2011

Urban Poverty Law Center Picks Next President of the United States

In 1976 I was a younger man, most reading this were also younger then unless you were born after that year in which case I do not have a classification of your state, and I was only mildly interested in politics. I had seen Nixon railroaded out of office by a ferocious press and watched the bumbling Gerald Ford pardon Nixon, the right thing to do IMHO, and followed the piano toothed Jimmah Carter's rise to the presidency, but what about Reagan? How did this actor and governor of California fit into the picture.

Reagan was despised by the Get Nixon Press Club. The big three media outlets controlled all information back then and I was afraid the world would end if Reagan was elected. I tuned into the Republican national convention on the night of Gerald Ford's coronation in time to see Ronald Reagan speak to the crowd. I cannot recall what he said, but I do recall what I thought after seeing that speech.

God damn, these idiots have nominated the wrong fellow. Everybody who heard that speech knew that. Reagan was real. He was honest. He was as real as Bill Clinton was phony. When Reagan ran in 1980 I was not old enough not to be swayed by the big three media and I voted for Anderson, that third party footnote who was probably put there like Ross Perot as a spoiler in a vain attempt to keep Reagan from gaining the presidency.

In shame I must admit I voted for Perot and must take my part of the blame for Clinton, who for the most part was a good ole boy with an exaggerated love of women, and aside from a few breaches in national security with technological transfers to China was rather harmless. I do feel he was loose with the truth and an exceptionally adept liar, not a bad trait for a top flight politician.

And now to the pit of this cherry, Sara Palin's VP acceptance speech was a Reaganesque moment. She came across as genuine, smart, honest, and just what the nation needs after this failed experiment with a man whom no one knew until he read a speech at the the 2004 Democrat national convention when our elite press selected him as a poster boy for the next president. He sure does have a perty mouth and a booming voice which is not off key that much from Richard Nixon's vocalization style.

Anyway, as president of the Pulitzer pride winning Urban Poverty Law Center, I declare my love, excuse me Todd, my support for Governor Sarah Heath Palin as the next president of the United States of America.

Her detractors among the media elites are numerous and loud, a sure sign that she is right for Middle America. When you read or hear a "hit piece on Sarah Palin, and with 2012 fast approaching they will be more and louder as these people fear a Sarah Palin's Washington like vampires fear sunlight. The elites know she will shine the light on all the political corruption in our nations capital. Why is the tea party congress unable to move the entrenched members of congress to cut spending? Not in their self-interest.

The political swamp of our current club in Washington DC needs to be drained and the ablest Crock hunter this country has to offer is Sarah Palin. She knows a Crock of crap when she sees it and is not afraid to call it out.

I support her and urge all patriots of this great country to do the same. She is Reagan in high heels.

Jack Maybolt, President Urban Poverty Law Center

"A woman's place may be in the home, but look out when one gets to the Oval office!"
Mother Maybolt, 1922-2008

No comments:

Post a Comment