Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Second Thirteenth Wedding Anniversary

My friend in Cedar Grove called me the other night and said he was celebrating his second thirteenth wedding anniversary and I believe that may be the start of a wonderful country music song. So here goes the start of the song. My Second Thirteenth Wedding Anniversary/ Been driving this big rig all night long/ with you inside my head like a favorite song /push up the speed cause I can't be late /for my second thirteenth wedding anniversary date/ chorus /he can't be late, he's gotta date /driving along you are his song/ driving along you are his song /he's gotta date, he can't be late/ This side of Memphis threw a retread /same silly song plays in my head /push up the speed cause I can't be late/ to my second thirteenth wedding anniversary date/ chorus/ he can't be late, he's gotta date /threw a retread with you in his head/ threw a retread with you in his head/ he's gotta a date, he can't be late /Look up ahead can't believe the time /already made it to my exit sign/ I've got the flowers, I can't be late/ to my second thirteenth wedding anniversary date/ chorus/ he can't be late, he's gotta date /look at the time his exit sign/ look at the time his exit sign /he's gotta date, he can't be late/. Parking this old truck tears in my eyes/ Sun's to the east starting to rise/ here are the flowers I promised you dear/ and though you are dead I feel you are near/ chorus/ he wasn't late he's gotta date/ she may be dead, but still in his head/ tears in his eyes, sun starts to rise /he's gotta date, and he wasn't late/ I can't believe how time it does fly/ and trust in the Lord still wondering why/ you were taken , just my terrible fate/ this is my second thirteenth wedding anniversary date All parts of this poem are copyrighted and no parts may be reproduced hummed, sung out loud or urinated upon without the expressed written permission of the author,

Jackson Delano Maybolt,


President, Urban Poverty Law Center



No comments:

Post a Comment