Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Urban Poverty Law Center: Obama Biden Farewell, New Adventures Await Thee

Tennesseans, like me, can vote early.  I voted my conscious a couple of days ago even though I live in a state where the universal mind will invariably do the right thing.  I lived in Wyoming for many years and I did not have to vote for my will to be done.  Tennessee like Wyoming and a host of other states in this great land of ours are in lock-step for Romney/ Ryan.

I am proud to live in a location where I am relieved of my civic duty and can be lax and lazy and not vote just to avoid being called to jury duty.  I was assured I would not be called up if I voted and the first year I registered to vote, I was called to jury duty.  Coincidence, perhaps?

I explained to the kind Judge, I was a poor selection as I could not pass judgement on my peers as I have none!   His honor was not moved and said I would have to pass judgement on our county's petty criminals and meth cooks to meet my civic duty and assure our form of self-governance and rule of law is met and surpassed here in Cedar Grove.

Thanks to several postponements and legal wrangling I was never seated on the jury and my hemorrhoids are thankful.

This is my last post before the election, unless I am outraged by something.  I believe President Obama will be rejected in his bid for re-election.  He is weak on the economy, weak on defense, and weak on style and leadership.  He has surrounded himself with self-serving nincompoops.  His closest advisers have ties to radicals in the Middle East.   His instincts for picking winners in businesses including green energy winners is 180 degrees out of sync.  He is incapable of compromise and refused to work with the republican minority in congress in his first two years and when Americans with good sense voted overwhelmingly to change the flavor of congress in 2010, the new republican majority was not interested in compromising with President Obama.

To paraphrase the warden in "Cool Hand Luke":  "What we have here is a failure to compromise."

We call it governmental gridlock.  The founders set it up this way, wisely.

I believe Romney and Ryan will win this election and it will be a popular vote cliffhanger, but an electoral college blow out.

The election is the first referendum the voters have had to directly voice their support or rejection of President Obama and his policies.

America has a clear choice.  Stay the course with Obama to economic ruin or correct the ship of state and renew the American Dream.

In America the pocket book always wins.

Good-bye, President Obama and Vice President Biden.  It was nice knowing you.

Jackson Delano Maybolt, President Urban Poverty Law Center


No comments:

Post a Comment