Monday, October 21, 2013

What An Unlimited Debt Ceiling Means: Free Beer Tomorrow! Why The Election's In 2014 Is Critical.

This latest deal to slither out of congress and the senate giving our trusted servants in government unbridled access to borrowed monies is financial suicide. Not the quick cyanide death preferred by 9 out of 10 defeated Nazi leaders at the end of WWII, but the slow painful suicide one might experience after lying too close to a fire ant mound.

Now the word is out, government debt ballooned by a third of a trillion dollars the first day after the debt ceiling was lifted! Whew, that was close! The bankers at the Fed were hanging out on a limb for several months in their conspiracy with the treasury department to keep the monies flowing behind the scenes and out of the daylight of the public eye. No large task given the corruption and willingness of our national press patsies to go along with their government masters.

Save for a few Teabaggers and a handful of public servants in the house and senate there is nobody ringing the alarm. I got my phone and my internet access and my retirement account looks pretty good on paper so who's worried? Certainly not me.

Besides, I have more moons behind me than in front of me and have done pretty much what I wanted for entertainment and work since coming of age at three.

I have swum in the lakes of life's opportunities. Adventures first around the house, the creeks of Nashville, the shores of Lake Michigan, the mountains of Norway, excelled on sports teams in the south, hunted the old growth woods of Tennessee, collected reptiles in its swamps, rode bikes all over my small town, picked up arrow heads in Wyoming, Colorado and Tennessee, wooed and married some fine women and sired enough children to field a baseball team if the parents, as it was, were pitcher and catcher, I studied both chemistry and medicine, I read and admire Mark Twain. And I have owned some really fine dogs!

I am grateful to my parents who had the good sense to let me roam free and not worry in 1960's small town America. In 1966 they bought their children tickets to see the Beatles in Memphis and at 13 my life hit a pinnacle after which I brag since that concert "my life has been nothing but a series of setbacks and disappointments" but I am lying.

The only one who has ever disappointed me in my life was me. I did not always make the right choice in the fog of war if you will. But I did what I did and have been able to make the best of it so far. And I will stop this line of thought before my demons escape putting me to bed for a week.

The debate over the debt needs a shift of public opinion. Clearly the federal government assumes the parental role over the people and dismiss the notion of serving the people completely. The surly Obama use of barricades to public lands and monuments speaks to his administrations total disregard of the governments proper relationship of the government and its masters, the people.

That they are feeling threatened and have been arming all factions of the government including swat teams for the Department of Education is alarming, but they sense something has changed in America. The sheep are willing to be sheared if the farmer provides the proper conditions to grow the hay in the meadows and aids and abets the stream from which to drink.

The meadows in America are drying up and many of the sheep have lost their way. Our shepherds are selling sheep to the wolves.

Corporate wolves have taken control of the shepherds to the detriment of our national flock. At 20% unemployment and millions of Americans ruined under the current system of crony capitalism, the media should lead with bleak employment numbers each and everyday, but there is no people's media, only the corporate piggies who are in bed with our masters in Washington, all corporate puppets, and the crickets chirping in the cool of darkness is the only sound we hear out here in fly over country.

John Kennedy in his 1961 inaugural address got his line almost right with: "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country!"

Today we need someone to point out: "Ask not what your country can do to you, but what you can do to your country!"

It is now obvious our political class can borrow from future generations of Americans without check. It can inflate our currency. It can write laws to favor its friends. It can ignore the laws which made America a great place to do business. It can thumb its nose at our constitution. It can pretend to be masters of the people, but not without the people's permission.

I believe Americans are waking up and if I am wrong and the Teabaggers do not bag many of these progressive pols in the next two election cycles, then patriots all over the country must come together to form a more perfect union and dissolve this relationship which is clearly not working out in the best interest of the people.

Governments are fungible. The land is permanent. When this government, which was founded under our constitution, no longer complies with the constitution it is no longer legitimate. The best bet for continued good government is that set forth in the constitution.

Our founders set limits on government because there needs to be limits. There are very few angels in government.

The advertisement in early 20th century bars featuring "Free Beer Tomorrow" rings as hollow as today's government promise to serve its people well.

The corruption must be halted. If not this national debt combined with our current crop of corrupt Washington Pols will rob the next 5 generations of Americans of the opportunity to make something of their lives. We are all being sold out for 30 pieces of silver.

A national suicide!

Wake up, America.

Jackson Delano Maybolt, President Urban Poverty Law Center






No comments:

Post a Comment