Friday, April 22, 2016

I Am Happy Reading Mark Twain's Autobiography, Vol 3!

Mark Twain, or at least the editors and the keepers of his dictated autobiography, have released the third and final volume of his last words of wisdom and wit. I have read only 30 or so pages and already he has amused this reader more than once. His "Wapping Alice" tale is very good and his stock choosing prowess is second to none.

He admits that his writings over the past 35 years were limited to only the three summer months of each year and he spent the remainder, 9 months, entertaining himself in whatever endeavor struck his fancy at the time. Then he admits he only wrote to entertain himself so in reality his entire life has been one great holiday. I feel this makes him not only the best writer America has ever produced but the best editor as well. Mark Twain has no equal.

Those of you who have looked at these pages have have seen examples of my having entertained myself, as with the story of the death of my father, the band player who fears for his life from a heavenly body falling from the sky and striking him dead, my take on fluorescent lighting, or my untimely death by a felled Sycamore tree and other less entertaining examples with political undertones.

I have been in a slump these past few months, busy with work, disgusted with the politics of greed and crime family syndicates and a government too big and corrupt to function in any's but their own interest.

I am,

Jack Delano Maybolt, President Urban Poverty Law Center

No comments:

Post a Comment